First impressions of first brews.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeepGuy

Reaction score
Thanks to your help, I was able to get through my first two brews. My first, an IPA, (real simple, only already hopped malt, water and yeast) came out pretty well. I like it a lot, and have been sharing it with friends and family. What I'm really excited about is my Irish Red that I bottled the saturday before last. It's the first brew I used a secondary on and tried a bottle last night just a week and a day after bottling, and I'm really impressed with myself. Not to toot my own horn, but "toot toot." I'm excited for it to properly condition now. I'm forming ideas already about my next brew. I'm thinking maybe a honey wheat. I found a wheat recipe that looks good, and I'll prolly use a bit less malt extract and add a pound of honey. Does that sound like a good way to go about it? I'm kinda eager to try adding my own touch to a brew, even if it only means adding a bit of honey. Thanks again for your help on getting me going on the right foot. With out the help from the good folks on this message board, I'm afraid I'd have messed it up pretty bad.

feel free to toot your horn as a beginner. if you keep it up after the first dozen batches, we might get tired of it, but for now... this is your 15 minutes of fame. :)

as for the honey wheat experiment... go for it. the only thing that stops you once you get rolling is fear, and I'm betting you aren't feeling ANY of that right now. :cool:

-walker

The guy with the 'fro is right.

I believe the FAQs read something to the effect that chronic tooting requires the board's verification of the greatness of your brew. :D

Congrats on the brew, but don't spread 'em out to too many friends...you'll never get rid of them.

gaelone said:
I believe the FAQs read something to the effect that chronic tooting requires the board's verification of the greatness of your brew. :D

i thought chronic tooting was due to the suspended yeast that remaines in homebrew once bottled and then consumed? :D :drunk:

Back