I Drink To My Health

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon

Reaction score
Alright nerds, docs, hopers wishers and dreamers.

I hear that beer is good for you in moderation, especially ales and stouts..(something that I think is regurgitated throughout the news since a stout is an ale) and I have heard many times that drinking the yeast has vitamin b-20 or some such thing in it! Who knows the real deal???

I drink a beer every morning after my work out. Usually a stout or a wheat beer. I feel energized and refreshed. I'll probably have a couple more late at night before bed.. :)

/healthy as an ox in the san diego zoo..

I have heard that yeast does have good levels of Vitamin B

I take a Vitamin B supplement that feels like a small meth hit. It's awesome.

Some sorta sinus infection with a drainage thing at night, that you 'expectorate' in the AM is going around these parts-everyone seems to have it.

Thing is, when I have some live yeast beer the day before, I'm GOOD the next day.

If I don't, I'm hacking and coughing the next AM.:(

Like I need another reason....:mug:

1 12oz beer per day is cardio protective... however, and this is a big HOWEVER, anything, anything more than one 12oz beer per day becomes a depressant.

2 lessons: 1) Enjoy homebrew because you enjoy it, and don't try to delude yourself into believing it's healthy. Everyone needs vices. 2) “Moderation in all things.” ~Terence, Andria

Kubed said:
1 12oz beer per day is cardio protective... however, and this is a big HOWEVER, anything, anything more than one 12oz beer per day becomes a depressant.

2 lessons: 1) Enjoy homebrew because you enjoy it, and don't try to delude yourself into believing it's healthy. Everyone needs vices. 2) “Moderation in all things.” ~Terence, Andria

KILLJOY!! lol. I agree, although 1 for women 2 for men seems to be the going recommendation.

I KNOW drinking beer/wine is good for my health, because when I drink it I feel good and healthy...until I light up a cigar or pipe....and start wolfing down cashews and peanuts like they are going out of style....and then start eyeing my neighbors wife....and then trip over the rollerskate in my garage/pub and then fall down the stairs.....but right before all of that, drinking beer is very good for me....

In moderation, beer is considered 'healthy' to drink. When I used to hit the gym every day pretty hard, I'd have to supplement my diet with quantities of beer just to keep some calories in me.

As long as you're burning it off, a few extra beers should be okay. (assuming you're being safe while being drunk)

Neomich said:
In moderation, beer is considered 'healthy' to drink. When I used to hit the gym every day pretty hard, I'd have to supplement my diet with quantities of beer just to keep some calories in me.

As long as you're burning it off, a few extra beers should be okay. (assuming you're being safe while being drunk)

I run in the mornings, and lift in the evenings.. I drink in the morning post-run, and in the evening, post-wo and pre-bed :p

I usually drink 5 or six beers before driving to work. I then usually work out at the office while drinking a couple more. I then pee in the supply closet before propositioning the secretary. I then drive home while drinking a beer at each stop light. It is kind of a game to keep my mind sharp....1 beer at each light. It is also fun to try and make it home before I pass out.
I then usually spend a while throwing up. I then drink a lot of water from the garden hose, because water is healthy.

just kidding.

I like to walk into other people's houses at dinnertime and pretend I'm part of their family. I also like to go to hotdog stands, order a brat, and then when the vendor gives it to me I just eat it right there...slowly enjoying it with a glazed over look and ignoring the other people in line. :D

There's a poster at my gym that states that they did study on mice that found that hops helped prevent obesity...so of course I now refer to my beers as "health drinks."

Kubed said:

This is absolutely true. I think that humans will always try and make the things that they know aren't great for their health seem healthy at any cost. Remeber, cigarettes used to be the "drug" of choice for asthma, seems that didn't work too well. I am in favor of doing what you want without having to explain it, but don't try and delude yourself into thinking you should be doing it just because you are. I love homebrew (as well as wine, rum, scotch, bourbon, etc), but I know that it's not great for me. And don't listen to anything the media says about anything health-related, they never get it right and only try and play the angles. First alcohol was good for your cardiovascualr health, and now it increases the risk of breast cancer in women. I guarantee you in 5 years, there will be another recommendation. Sorry for the ramble, but I am in medical school, and we were just lectured about nutrition and cancer, and one of the biggest and most convincing links is alcohol and colon cancer. So for those of you over 50, you better be getting your colonscopies! Ok, Im done

Jason

All right! This is all in good fun, but anything is bad for you in large doses. I have read that we have way too much corn in our diet. So I stopped drinking Budweiser. (OH SNNNNNNNNNNAP!)
I think that a healthy diet and moderate beer is healthier than a crappy diet with no beer. Now I'm done.

cheezydemon said:
All right! This is all in good fun, but anything is bad for you in large doses. I have read that we have way too much corn in our diet. So I stopped drinking Budweiser. (OH SNNNNNNNNNNAP!)
I think that a healthy diet and moderate beer is healthier than a crappy diet with no beer. Now I'm done.

I second that completely! I think it is funny how the public keeps touting these miracle cures, like anti-oxidants and co-enzyme Q10, but yet they continue to drink a 1/5th a day and smoke 2 pack/day, and not exercise. Oh the irony!

Jason

And I to yours brother brewer.

Personal happiness and stress management probably figure in more than anything!

Back