Eagle Scouts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made to to Life Scout before every troop within 100 miles of me suddenly vanished...something about the scoutmasters implicated in a drug ring or something like that.

I hope to get my son interested in scouting so I can help him reach the Eagle.

Eagle scout here and OOA. Troop 1 Springfield MO. My project was trail maintenance at Piney Creek Wilderness Area.

Yep, quit at life. Had everything done but my project. Got a car, made varsity, saw a few kids get eagle while pending trial, and I lost interest.
Life scout, Philmont, OA, 50 mile afoot/afloat and a bunch of other cool stuff. Sticks with you forever!

I earned my Eagle in 1998, had the project and board done that summer. Waited a full year for the presentation as the folks wanted to really celebrate with a big court of honor.

Nice thread bumpage!

Eagle Scout (2000) with 4 Palms. Green Paint Mic-O-Say. Troop 403 and then 304 after the troop split.
Did 1 OA event and thought the whole thing was a joke and unorganized mess after doing Mic-o-say.

landshark,

That's a shame about OA, the three lodges that I have been in have been great. It all depends on the unit/lodge.

Eagled in 1998, got my paperwork in just before my 18th birthday(back when you could still do that). Vigil honor in OA in 2000. We have a damn skippy lodge if I do say so myself, so much so that I'm still involved even though my boys are too young to join.

Eagle Scout here, troop 8 - Puerto Rico.

Always hated the dressing up and singing, but loved the camping and learning that came with it. I feel it teaches you how to be resourceful and ingenious.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Also OA brother, but to be honest that didn't meant much back home, they didn't do much.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Helluva necro thread. Eagle here, as well as OA, and Bushmaster. Was a JASM and ASM, but left while in college. Won't go back now due to BSA's stand on homosexuality.

BIB, I sure understand what you mean. I haven't made my mind up yet on it but not looking good. Too bad because I really value my time in scouts!

Oh, and yes I am qualified to post here. I am an Eagle Scout.

Eagle since 2001, troop 400 in Trexlertown, PA. OA as well, but never really got involved with it. Missed my chance to do Philmont, but Seabase was amazing.

A lady where i used to work had a teenage son who was VERY close to becoming an Eagle Scout. He basically quit at the LAST MINUTE and didn't get it. He regretted it right away, but there is no going back.

Came with Troop 924 in Houston (Heights), TX, then finished up my Eagle with Troop 104 in Madison, WI.
I feel so lucky to have had not just one, but two great Troops! Most of my memories are w TX troop, but I went to Philmont with WI troop.

Boy Scouts was great, we worked together and everyone felt like a valuable part of the team, especially the awkward kids that probably needed it the most. If I have sons, I will encourage them to be a part of Scouting

Back