Beer looks seperated in fermenter after secondary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackDogBrewing

Reaction score
I'm just about to bottle my Belgian Blonde, it did 2 weeks in primary, 2 in secondary, checked FG and it is perfect. I just looked at it, and it looks as though it's darker in the first 4-5 inches at the top than it is in the rest of the beer, as though it has sepearated out a bit. I've never seen this before? Any similar experiences? Thanks

I'm just about to bottle my Belgian Blonde, it did 2 weeks in primary, 2 in secondary, checked FG and it is perfect. I just looked at it, and it looks as though it's darker in the first 4-5 inches at the top than it is in the rest of the beer, as though it has sepearated out a bit. I've never seen this before? Any similar experiences? Thanks

Your beer is clearing...slowly.

The lighter colored beer is still rich with yeast and it is trying to settle. Since it is a Belgian and designed to be on the yeasty/cloudy side, there's really no need to wait out the clearing process. I'd say rack it to a bottling bucket...careful not to siphon any gunk off the bottom and bottle.

Latest posts

Back