Drinking some Apfelwein tonight...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeMama

Reaction score
But Im not exactly enjoying it... Apfelwein is a beverage I had a pretty bad experience with during my first encounter. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f45/apfelwein-devil-95470/ Not to mention, I much prefer the flavor/aroma/complexity of a good beer (specially an IPA) anyday.

Since then, I have made it available usually for guests as it appears to be a popular beverage for the 'non beer' types, and other men with vaginii.

Well, it has come to pass that I am needing a keg to rack my brown ale into soon, and I am nearing the end of the keg of apfelwein I made some time ago. Soooooooooo, not wanting to let a batch go to waste (even a mildly infected one - yeah, thats another story) I have taken it upon myself to consume the last of this keg.

1 glass into it, and I am already asking myself - WTF are you doing man???
This may be a long night... Good thing its a weekend - too bad I have a job emceeing tomorrow.

-Me

Yeah, definitely drink lots of water. And vitamin B pills if you got 'em.

How old is your apfelwein?

-Steve

I love apfelwein. Got a batch of it to keg this weekend

Well, I ended up floating the keg last night (FINALLY) and I managed to get about 4 pints of apfelwein into my system. Ironically I wasnt 'drunk' - I had a healthy buzz going, but I was rather surprised as to how I wasnt tanked.

I mean, I dont drink to get drunk but I honestly expected that there was a good chance of this happening last night. Maybe thats a good thing?

I guess my 'tolerance' has gone up since I have been a routine of drinking 2-3 beers an evening.
Strange... But still good!
-Me

Had my first Apfelwein night a week a week ago. The hangover wasn't as bad as I was expecting but I did end up with a knife through my foot. That stuff really sneaks up on you.

Back