gas tubing - 5/16 ID x 7/16 OD

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

williec30

Reaction score
it seems my keyboard and mouse picked the wrong model number when i ordered :drunk:

5/16ID x 7/16OD

will this tubing work for my gas line? 40psi@70F... how does one calculate the max psi @ 40F? am i running a risk with such a small OD?

Type
UV-Resistant Black PVC Tubing
Material
PVC
Shape
Single Line
Outside Dia.
7/16" (.4375")
Inside Dia.
5/16" (.3125")
Wall Thickness
1/16" (.0625")
Available Lengths
25, 50, and 100 feet
Reinforcement
Unreinforced
Color
Opaque Black
Maximum Pressure
40 psi @ 73º F
Operating Temperature Range
-10º to +175º F
Performance Characteristics
UV-Resistant
Bend Radius
2-3/16" (2.1875")
Durometer
70A (Soft)
Tensile Strength
2,400 psi
For Use With
Air, Beverage, Bleach, Ethylene Glycol, Food, Water
Sterilize With
Gas, Steam (autoclave)
Specifications Met
United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
FDA Specification
CFR21 175.300
Compatible Fittings
Barbed
Chemical Compatibility Link
5187KAC
Caution
McMaster-Carr does not guarantee chemical compatibility because many variables can affect the tubing. Ultimately, the consumer must determine chemical compatibility based on the conditions in which the product is being used.

According to mcmaster, 40 psi @ 73º F. So as long as you don't have your reg over 40, you SHOULD be ok (colder then 73º F you should be fine)... I'd still monitor for swelling for awhile, until you are comfortable with your setup.

According to mcmaster, 40 psi @ 73º F. So as long as you don't have your reg over 40, you SHOULD be ok.. I'd still monitor for swelling for awhile, until you are comfortable with your setup.

thanks moro...

i am wondering what happens to the rating of 40psi when the temp drops to 40 degrees. i would assume the tube would have a slightly higher rating at that temp... want to make sure i don't have that switched around.

Latest posts

Back