Do PIDs lose setting when off?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiedog

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Do PIDs lose setting when turted off? I'm talking about PIDs for mash control, such as MYPIN TD4 SNR. I would like to set up PIDs for mash control, and have them switched on (and off) with timers. Is that viable, or even possible? I am not very knowledgeable about PIDs.

I would appreciate any input that would enlighten me on this subject.

Did I post this in the wrong forum? I no very little about PID temperature controllers. But I do know there are a lot of home brewers out there who use PID temperature controllers to control their mash, especially those with RIMS or HERMS. Do you have to reset your PID temperature controller every time after it is powered off?

Thanks, Chucko! I thought they would hold their settings until changed, but didn't know. Auber has high quality products, and of course BCS is great if you have the budget for it. I'm still waiting for the money train though. Thanks, so much!

Back