Kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loudawg7777

Reaction score
Do you have to leave the co2 hooked up all the time in the fridge? Or is a charge good enough?

You need it hooked up for sure while it's carbing up. Then when it's dispensing if you don;t leave it hooked up it will slowly loose pressure and carbonation as you dispense.

I'm putting 30 pounds on my keg and then disconnecting to carb up. I started on Friday and today Monday I'm drinking some undercarbed but still good beer. Another day or two should do it. In the meantime, my picnic tap broke and I have trouble pouring anyway. I think another trip to the LHBS is in order to get a replacement, and maybe I need another batch while I'm there ;)

I tried 20 lbs last time and it tasted like crap. I turned it down and it came out great. Wonder what the problem was?

Like zacster said, you can up the pressure to 25 or 30 psi and "force carb" in about a week then drop to serving pressure,or leave it at serving pressure( 8 to 10 psi for most) and let it go a couple of weeks.

Back