What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this is the first time I ever got a USPS, or any other delivery, on Sunday. Too bad The Elyria hub of UPS wasn't as courteous...

Well, my 25.2lbs of grains, hops & yeast finally got here @ 5:18PM. Box was a bit the worse for wear, but everything inside was intact. Sorting through it all now. That's 18oz of hops, 2 packets yeast, 3lbs plain extra light DME, 6lbs plain light DME, & 11lbs of grains. And one can Cooper's English Bitter, the 6th gallon of which is going for malt vinegar. Hope it does cool off by Thursday like the weatherman says. It'll be a productive weekend! :rockin:

The freaking relay for my chest freezer soon to be keezer. Hopefully I can start the compressor today and build the stc temp controller.

Yesterday I got the Lavatools Javelin thermometer I won from @homebrewdad and BrewUnited on Facebook. Very nice!

12003013_10205348483206528_6545799746993953396_n.jpg

Waiting...for Fedex to deliver my 2 new Perlick faucets. I have had my 2 headed draught tower for 15 years and 1 crapped out last Sunday. The originals were not Perlick but served me well. I can't wait to be serving 2 brews again. I hope they get here by 10 so I can test them out before guests arrive at noon, gotta pre-game before the pre-game!

Drinking water hose and speed controller for the ridiculous bouncy house blower I got for free on Craigslist. Gonna make a nice exhaust fan.

I got the modern ash catcher attachment for my Weber kettle grill. I should have done that years ago.

I got the modern ash catcher attachment for my Weber kettle grill. I should have done that years ago.

I got one of those a few years ago...greatest thing ever! Had to get one for my parents for xmas last year when they saw mine

I had it in my head that they were super expensive and let that thought sit there for years. It was $27. Sheesh.

New carry-on/checked bag, depending on contents of beer or not. No beer will die in this in transit.

Pelicans are sweet. We transport about 20 grand worth of scanners with ours, checked. No issues in about 12 trips so far. Pays for itself over shipping them.

I got one of those a few years ago...greatest thing ever! Had to get one for my parents for xmas last year when they saw mine

My wife wants one now. Found a hot pink one for her.

Pelicans are sweet. We transport about 20 grand worth of scanners with ours, checked. No issues in about 12 trips so far. Pays for itself over shipping them.

Might be a little overkill for me but I absolutely know it won't get destroyed and the contents are safe no matter their location in the plane.

My wife wants one now. Found a hot pink one for her.

Might be a little overkill for me but I absolutely know it won't get destroyed and the contents are safe no matter their location in the plane.

Absolutely. The lock tab broke off of ours, took the lock with it. Problem solved, don't use a padlock.

What's the carrying capacity on that? I'm assuming the plan is to wear all your dirty clothes in layers on your return flight so there's more room for beer in the case? :goat:

27 liters.

I also have 22 liter back pack. I will also be shipping on box back.

If I buy too much, I will just drink it prior to getting to the airport. lol. Or ship another box.

Nothing brewing related came for me yesterday, however I did get a package from Etsy with a couple vintage prints I ordered. :) A real steal, I think.

worlds tiniest shop vac for the race trailer to clean up spilled beer (or tranny fluid, oil, etc) off the floor after I found my skidproof floor coating impossible to mop. They must have picked a little person and a 3/4 scale vehicle model to demo it:

913PVRG54BL._SL1500_.jpg

Well, I'm not getting my new pump head today. It was late yesterday from Amazon Prime. My mistake. I saw Prime and 2-Day shipping and didn't notice it was on backorder.

So, I don't have a pump to show at the homebrewing demonstration this weekend in Cadillac. Pump won't be here until next Wed. now.

The upside is the service rep I called to find out what happened extended our Prime membership until Jan. 17th, so we don't have to renew before Xmas!

Wife sent me this just now:

12003035_10204467951973062_2997330300751651804_n.jpg

Excited to go home and open it all. What I believe is in there: 2x 12.5gal conicals, 3x kegs, 20lb CO2 tank, Perlick 650SS, air dist/regulator etc, bunch of electrical goodies, 2x pond pumps.

Or its where she packed up your stuff for you when she saw the discover bill!

My big order from Morebeer came today :)

Blichmann Burner w/ 24" leg extensions
6 gallon bucket w/ lid (finally a dedicated bucket for my starsan!)
6 gallon PET carboy
24" plastic mash paddle (plastic spoon won't cut it anymore for 5 gallon batches)
5' silicone tubing (morebeer sent me closer to 7')
5 gallon kettle (for storing my first runnings, 10 gallon AMCYL kettle is being used for HLT and boil kettle)

2015-09-24%2020.30.05_zpsaizwdd7n.jpg

Just need to get my pots cleaned out and an immersion cooler, and I'll be ready to start rocking 5 gallon batches :mug:

20 gallon Stout HLT, MLT, BK and Sparge arm! Now to throw it all on the single tier and start brewing some 10 gallon batches of homebrew!!

Back