Best place to buy right now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmurph01

Reaction score
Decided to make the jump to kegging after bottling 15 staright gallons...

I am wanting a 5 gallon system with tank, manifold, keg, and all hardware. Where is the best place to buy from right now?

Thanks and Cheers!

KegConnection.com has some pretty solid pricing when you buy a kit. I've done quite a bit of comparison shopping myself but have yet to pull the trigger. From what I've read around here, the kegs they have can be pretty grubby but certainly fine for kegging up some home brew. I would be curious if others have different suggestions though...

KegConnection.com has some pretty solid pricing when you buy a kit. I've done quite a bit of comparison shopping myself but have yet to pull the trigger. From what I've read around here, the kegs they have can be pretty grubby but certainly fine for kegging up some home brew. I would be curious if others have different suggestions though...

yup....just bought a 2 keg kit from them 2 weeks ago

I have had good luck with both Kegcowboy.com and Kegconnection.com. I bought my initial set up from kegconnection.com as it was just a little less expensive.

I'm looking at Keg Cowboy at the moment although up until this moment I was going to order Micro Matic since they're supposed to be so great.

+1 vote for kegconnection. I ordered a 4 keg conversion kit, cheaper than all current alternatives. It took about 7 business days to reach my doorstep.

The packaging was a little rough, like the didn't quite have the correct size boxes to stick the stuff in, but hey, I'm not kegging inside the box. Also, be prepared to do some cleaning. All eight kegs I got were dirty as hell (on the outside), and it took me several hours to clean them all.

I ordered mine from Midwest Supplies. Their prices after shipping were comparable to KegConnection. From what I've read here, it seems that KegConnection does a lot of custom stuff, whereas I didn't see that option from Midwest. Midwest does have awesome customer service, though. And if you're buying other ingredients, that's not something that KegConnection sells, so you'd save on shipping if you ordered ingredients with your kit.

If you decide to order from kegconnection, you may want to wait for their flat rate shipping promotion to come back. I received a 4 keg kit from them last monday. Like other said, kegs need some cleaning, but the rest looks great.

I just did a price comparison between all three for a four keg system with picnic taps, used cornies, and shipping midwest had the best but they were all within a few dollars of each other.

I got mine through homebrewing.org. I think the corny keg, regulator, and co2 tank came to 90.00

Cornykegs.com

Most of their stuff is converted pinlock kegs with ball lock fittings, but I found their prices to be great and quality is excellent. Just got 4 for $105.

Back