Just Starting, Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have never brewed beer before, but moving from Portland Or. to TC Michigan am interested in brewing my own beer. Can anyone tell me what the best way to start is? Should I buy a kit and if so what kind. I love a good IPA Brightport is the best I have ever tasted and would like to work up to something like the quality of that, is that even possible for a home brewer? Would love to really get into this, please help. Thanks

Everything is possable for a homebrewer! Start with a kit, Northern brewer,midwest supply,Austin homebrew just to name a few. good luck

Get a decent started kit (carboy,ale pail, hydrometer etc.)from one of the above mentioned sites and buy one of their kits that suits the style of beer you want to make. Follow the instructions carefully and come back to this site with any questions you might have.
That will get your feet wet and you'll probably be hooked for life after that. I know I was.
Good luck!

This thread was helpful to me. It is full of information for a new brewer. Most of the questions can be answered there or in some of the other stickys. If you have a question, please ask. There is a wealth of information and expert brewers associated with this forum.

Here's a group of homebrewers from Michigan.

The equipment in the link BrewinJack provided in his post will get you started. You'll also need a large pot.

Most of all, have fun and enjoy, or as some would say RDWHAHB. Welcome to the obsession:mug:

Back