Transformers 2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, we rented this last night. I had wanted to get the Blueray, but I saw it at the rental store on DVD and decided to get it anyway.

Not a bad movie. I mean, who doesn't like giant robots fighting it out with rockets and other cool gizmos?

But man, after a while, I just kept wondering when it was going to end.

The action was fast and furious for much of the movie, and Megan Fox was not a terrible actress to have to see a lot of, but I had a hard time following certain aspects of the plot. Some of the "Bots" were a bit too fantastical to be enjoyable IMO.

That said, the CGI was top-notch, and it was entertaining to a certain degree. Even my 15 yo daughter said at the end of the movie that it was not as good as the first one. I agree, but only because you can watch robots changing form and shooting each other for so long before you get bored with it.

The first one was much better than the second. Liek you said, the action, megan fox, and shia's acting made the second one more enjoyable than it had any right to be. The plot was terrible.

The second one was very juvenile.
It was like jarjar binxs all over again.
I mean why have getto tard rebots why would there be such a thing.

I'm not a fan of Shia. I would probably like him more in a different role, but the roles that he has been playing in big movies doesn't work for me. I didn't mind this time, since he did the first one.

Blueray might have been better, simply because it would be cool to watch the robot action in slow mo. There was just a bit too much "Magic" going on in the plot to make it real good.

Yeah, the ghetto bots were a bit much, but funny too. Just seemed out of place. I liked the old bot though.

yeah, the ghetto bots were lame. and they can't fix bumblebee's speech??

I had problems too where they went behind the Smithsonian Air & Space museum and it was a huge field / plane graveyard. I've been to that museum, and recall no big field behind it.

plus most of the egypt scenes were clearly a blend of egypt and 'some sand pit construction zone'...done solely for the convenience of the fight with Devastator.

Action wise, it was fun. I agree the first film was better because it took itself just seriously enough to do justice to the transformers world.

I for one got lost in some of the fighting , I couldnt tell what was happening.

I agree. I would like to watch it again and focus on the fight scenes. But what I didn't like was that two bots would be duking it out, and then suddenly one of them would whip out a plasma blaster and blow a hole in the middle of the other one. Why did they wait until several minutes of fighting was over to do this?

There was just too much variation what a bot could do during a battle IMO.

The blu-ray should be in my mail today. If nothing else I just want to watch it to llisten and feel my sub though the movie because if it is anything like the first one, I will have to take the pictures off the walls again.

The end of it was just too weird for me.

I can see the directors and writers going through the plot getting all excited, taking turns 1-upping each other with plot twists and explosions, then one of them realizes:

"sh*t, we just killed off both of our main characters......what do we do now?"

Then in unison they all say "Brring em back!"

You can thank Michael "blow em' up" Bay for the redundant explosions. Like the last 3 Star Wars, it could have been so much better.

Funny- I saw it last night at home. It was long.

I think a little bit more plot would have been better.

I loved the old robot- that guy was awesome.

Back