Can someone tell me if this is a good deal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5 gallon MLT is awfully small. If you would like to brew big beers, it might be too small for the grain bill. It's pricey, too. You can build one for half that price. There's a few threads that explain, in detail, how to build a MLT. I think mine cost ~$50 to convert a 10 gallon cooler.

"Need" is such a relative word. I'm at the point that I "need" a brewstand.:D

+1 what Hugj_Jass said. Buy a bigger cooler, 40-48 quart size and build it yourself. It's pretty easy. Might require a trip or three to HD or Lowes. More room in the MLT allows you to run thinner mashes if you like, and/or make bigger beers with expanded grain bills.

There are very specific instruction on other threads, plus videos on You Tube.

Good Luck...

+1 what Hugj_Jass said. Buy a bigger cooler, 40-48 quart size and build it yourself. It's pretty easy. Might require a trip or three to HD or Lowes. More room in the MLT allows you to run thinner mashes if you like, and/or make bigger beers with expanded grain bills.

There are very specific instruction on other threads, plus videos on You Tube.

Good Luck...

Thanks for all the advice. I found this link and will be putting it together on my own. It seems easy enough.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/cheap-easy-10-gallon-rubbermaid-mlt-conversion-23008/

Back