Brewing with household remedies?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem is, that i read the first few pages of it, and i really understand dink of it.

Well, since it is one of the simplist, clearest explanations of how to make beer, then until you can master the basic understanding then you won't really be able to figure out what you need to try to find to use...

Try this first, then go back and read what you confused by.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/1080718-post1.html

This has pictures as well...

All Centennial IPA - Step by Step: How to make an extract beer « Homebrew Japan

Well if the ingredients are not available then (at worst) you will have to move to another place in the world. Having brewed since 1972 I could not stay in a place that had no beer supplies. I brew from grain and as far as cost and taste goes it is the most rewarding.

Found theses through google...you aren't isolated from a Homebrewing community in Denmark...if fact sites in Denmark were registered for teach a friend to homebrew day.

Maltbazaren.dk

HaandBryggeriet®

Danish Beer Enthusiasts English Introduction

I'm sure you can hook yourself up with some other brewers, or gear through one of those places, they may even have a local forum...

OK, i read the thread and then drank a beer. Where is this kid? We need a task force assembled immediately. +1 on the Mr beer kit! Its how i started. I know alot of us snub it here but truth be told its how alot of us started. Go to Mrbeer.com and order a basic kit, brew a few batches(with the instructions...no windex or break fluid). If you wanna brew it'll almost certainly hook ya.

OK, i read the thread and then drank a beer. Where is this kid? We need a task force assembled immediately. +1 on the Mr beer kit! Its how i started. I know alot of us snub it here but truth be told its how alot of us started. Go to Mrbeer.com and order a basic kit, brew a few batches(with the instructions...no windex or break fluid). If you wanna brew it'll almost certainly hook ya.
That mr. beer kit looks pretty good, but couldn't i just buy a cheap fermentor, some yeast and some hops?

OK whitch one of you guys started a Noob screen name to screw with us. No way this guy is this difficult!

I've been wondering the same thing.......

Plus there length of time between posts/responses...how many of you took this long to jump into the hobby? It's been a week of this thread...How many of you were so excited about this great hobby that you were already brewing and had a substantial post count in the same timeframe???

Gotta be, this guy if he was for real woud have moved on by now cuz no one is cooperating(a good sign we all have a little brew snobin us). Also if it it were just about getting hammered every college kid can just get the local liquer bottom shelf stuff nearly as cheap as the cheapest yeast.

Gotta be, this guy if he was for real woud have moved on by now cuz no one is cooperating(a good sign we all have a little brew snobin us). Also if it it were just about getting hammered every college kid can just get the local liquer bottom shelf stuff nearly as cheap as the cheapest yeast.
It might be like that in the US, but the cheapest liquor is atleast 35-40 dollars.

I don't understand why you're being so difficult. Many knowledgeable people have given you excellent advice, and even pointed you in the way of some local help. We can only handhold you so much, but we can't do it for you. If you really want to get into this hobby you need to read what we are saying.

Bah. You know what? Just buy your yeast and hops. Try that and see how it tastes. It'll be great. Over and over we keep saying you need malt or grain, and somehow, it's invisible text to you. YOU CAN'T HAVE BEER WITHOUT MALT!

And with that, I bid you good day.

I've been wondering the same thing.......

Plus there length of time between posts/responses...how many of you took this long to jump into the hobby? It's been a week of this thread...How many of you were so excited about this great hobby that you were already brewing and had a substantial post count in the same timeframe???

Funny...I knew this was a troll from post 1. Something struck me as odd. I had to read it to the end to figure out I was right. I see the same thing happen all the time in my line of work....

"Oh Mr. Engineer please tell me how to get that major label sound for $20.00"

Right....NEXT please.

I didn't bother reading through all the mass response you've gotten, but can tell you as a fellow student in an apartment...brewing is very possible anywhere on any budget. Google "homebrew shop" and find the closest on to you. IT IS YOUR FRIEND. If there's nothing close, ebay is your new friend.

Don't use bread yeast. If there is no HBS near you buy a few packets off ebay for like 4 bucks.
From experiance I can tell you that making simple wine is easier than beer (not to discourage you from making beer!). There are a million and a half recipees you can find for this. The simplest would be something like 100% grape juice, add "X" amount of sugar to raise OG and yeast. Wait 2 weeks and it is drinkable, for best results let it clear for a few months.

One last thing, homebrewing is about quality. Just because you are in college doesn't mean these rules need not apply to you. Erm, so that's about all I've got.

Edit: My bad, I didn't even look at the post dates. I feel like i'm talking to no one. ='(

I suggest we all just move along. There isn't much to see here. The thread is a few months old, the OP hasn't been back since May, and we really don't need any more hooch recipes, anyway.

Back