Some varieties slower than others?.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phxguy66

Reaction score
Hi everybody, 1st year grower from Colorado here. I planted 10 rhizomes (5 Cascade, 5 Nuggets) on the 22nd of April. As of this morning, all 5 of the Cascades are showing sprouts, but only 1 of the Nuggets has sprouts.
My question is...have any of you noticed one or more varieties taking a little longer than others to sprout once they're planted? Would be interesting to know if some are just slower to sprout.....
-David Spangler-
Grand Junction, Colorado

I've got just the opposite. I have 2 Cascades and 2 Nuggets. The Nuggets broke ground first, and are still ahead on growing height.

Arrowhead is right on. You could plant 100 rhizomes of any variety and some would come up in a week while others may not break ground for a month. Nature can be quite variable at times. Happy Growing!

My Nuggets are up and I think (not sure) but at noon yesterday one of my cascades popped through. The nuggets were already up a week ago. I think it just has to do with all the variables. I would just wait and see.

I got a bro at the Monument out there! Great place!

Back