HELP!!! Impatient Brewer w/ a keg of Trois Pistoles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just kegged my batch of Trois Pistoles 2 days ago. I started this batch right before Halloween hoping to squeak it out for Xmas. From my researching around this board it seems like this beer can only get better w/ age. It always seems like I get into my kegs before their prime and the last glass out of it is so good I wish I waited on the whole damn thing.

Do I wait on this beer or what?

p.s. Probably gonna drink it anyway, just wanted some opinions.....:cross:

Don't know what to tell you there, but I am curious about how it tastes and what recipe you used. I just made a batch of the same myself on Nov 21.

Let it sit. Brew something else. Keep brewing.

Personally, I bought 3 cornies and I don't even have a kegerator yet. I'm just going to put some to-be-aged beers in there and they just won't be consumed until I get some CO2 equipment.

The important thing is to get more kegs/bottles than you need. That way you can let things sit for long periods and continue brewing in the interim. Once you can do this, I suspect it becomes easier to wait....

sirsloop, if I remember correctly you made the Trois Pistoles clone from AHB, and I see form your sig that you have batches 2 and 3 on the way. I'm assuming it came out pretty well? I made the same thing and am waiting on the dark and cold winter months to try it.

andypantz13 said:
sirsloop, if I remember correctly you made the Trois Pistoles clone from AHB, and I see form your sig that you have batches 2 and 3 on the way. I'm assuming it came out pretty well? I made the same thing and am waiting on the dark and cold winter months to try it.

Yep... it was a hit for sure!! I edited the batch slightly for #2... I added a wee bit more (maybe too much) LME which pushed the ABV to about 10-10.5%. :drunk: I lowered the amount of anise from the last time and I'm fermenting at 62-64°. So far so good.

Anyways... its definitely a real nice belgian, but it needs 6 months. I'm making these two kegs for next fall.

Sir Humpsalot said:
The important thing is to get more kegs/bottles than you need. That way you can let things sit for long periods and continue brewing in the interim. Once you can do this, I suspect it becomes easier to wait....

I've got 8 cornies with the ability to only have two on tap at a time. As long as you keep up your reserves you'll always be able to enjoy aged brew. If you are looking to knock something out that you can swill asap, I suggest a Cascade APA.

Latest posts

Back