Need Founders Reds Rye extract recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nasmeyer

Reaction score
I am looking for an extract recipe for Founders Reds Rye, I have seen a few recipes for Rye P. A's but don't know which ones would be close to Founders.

The crimson Rye IPA recipe in my pull down is the exact grain bill from founders. Substitue my base grain with DME. Also they use all Amarillo in theres and I ud it only for aroma because I didn't have enough.

* Also Rye needs to be mashed.

I got the information below from Founders website, and being a noob I don't believe I can convert this to an extract recipe, it also doesn't mention yeast used, maybe 3724?

I was hoping someone could make up a recipe from the info below.

--Pours a spectacular crimson red with a creamy tan head. Brewed with four varieties of Belgian caramel malts imparting a sweet richness. Red's Rye is impressively balanced with its hop bitterness and huge citrus bouquet achieved from the immense amarillo dry hop. The generous amount of malted rye used accentuates a spicy crisp finish.

Specs:
6.4% ABV
68 IBU�s
Color: Crimson Unfiltered
Cellar: 6 months
Availability: Year round
Serving temperature: 42 f
Glassware: American pint

You will have to do a Mini Mash to convert the Rye. The Specialty Grains are...

.5# Carapils
.5# C-40
.5# CaraMunich
.25# Aromatic
.25# C-120

You will have to do a Mini Mash to convert the Rye. The Specialty Grains are...

.5# Carapils
.5# C-40
.5# CaraMunich
.25# Aromatic
.25# C-120
Still a noob here, run me through a mini mash. I don't see the rye bill here.

Back