Pale Sour - Bland - Need Ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Almighty

Reaction score
So I made a experimental batch with this method from another thread. It was a Belgian Singel Ale that I used the dregs from Allagash Confluence Ale. I've read those dregs are a mixed culture of their house Sacc yeast and house Brett yeast. A month later I decided I'd test the gravity and give it a taste. The gravity was 1.000 and the taste was pretty clean even for being fermented at 72 ish and with Brett.
I was planning on aging this beer for a while to let the Brett have some time but I'm not sure if it has anymore to eat. So I need some ideas as to what to feed it.
My number one choice right now is some white wine grapes. I thought it would work as a lot of these beers are commercially aged in Chardonnay or similar type wine barrels. But my wine knowledge is minimal, but I do know I can get some fresh grapes now if I hurry.

Wine must would definitely be nice. I tried dates in a belgian golden strong ale with a very attenuative yeast and it came out fantastic (2 pounds of dates was plenty, they are strong). Raisins would work as well.

Back