I'm crazy. And so are you.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sar881

Reaction score
Alright.

So I haven't brewed in over six months. I have an ESB that has been sitting in secondary for 5 months. I moved 3 months ago and havent had a chance to do anything beer related.

This past weekend I started to convert a chest freezer to a 4-keg kegerator, but everything that I've tried to do with it has been a disaster.

I tried to brew this past Tuesday but realized I didnt have any sanitizer. Fine, CVS is down the block, go get Bleach to use in a pinch. Fill the Brew Kettle with 6 gallons of water, about to make the sanitizing solution, but realize I ALSO "misplaced" my thermometer and hydrometer. WTF?! After that realization I scratch brewing and go straight to morebeer.com and order what I need. Well, thats not true. I went straight to the beer fridge and open a decidedly non-homebrew brew. At some point later in the night I may have gone to the bourbon shelf.

Finally, today, I get all the equipment. I'm sitting in my office trying to work, but after I found out that the equipment was here, I can't do any work at all. In fact, I cant do anything that isnt related to brewing. I think i've read every forum message since 2005 (lie). Im about to go through howtobrew.com for the second time today for kicks (true).

I know that if i told this to anyone other than y'all.... Well, lets just say I'm not saying anything. I like my job. Most of the time.

sar881 said:
Alright.

So I haven't brewed in over six months. I have an ESB that has been sitting in secondary for 5 months. I moved 3 months ago and havent had a chance to do anything beer related.

This past weekend I started to convert a chest freezer to a 4-keg kegerator, but everything that I've tried to do with it has been a disaster.

tried to brew this past Tuesday but realized I didnt have any sanitizer. Fine, CVS is down the block, go get Bleach to use in a pinch. Fill the Brew Kettle with 6 gallons of water, about to make the sanitizing solution, but realize I ALSO "misplaced" my thermometer or hydrometer. WTF?! After that realization I scratch brewing and go straight to morebeer.com and order what I need. Well, thats not true. I went straight to the beer fridge and open a decidedly non-homebrew brew. At some point later in the night I may have gone to the bourbon shelf.

Finally, today, I get all the equipment. I'm sitting in my office trying to work, but after I found out that the equipment was here, I can't do any work at all. In fact, I cant do anything that isnt related to brewing. I think i've read every forum message since 2005 (lie). Im about to go through howtobrew.com for the second time today for kicks (true).

I know that if i told this to anyone other than y'all.... Well, lets just say I'm not saying anything. I like my job. Most of the time.

You should really go home and get some rest. That cough of yours sounds awful. You shouldn't have been playing with your nephew/niece/friend's kid the other night, they're germ factories.

Oh I forgot to mention one thing: I brew with one of my roomates who, as it turns out, NEEDS to go to the gym and grocery store today after work.

You think its time check that lease to see what sub-leasing requirements are?

Back