And on the 8th day God created kegs ...and it was good.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s1080

Reaction score
So I kegged my first beer tonight and it was everything I could ever imagine it to be. Yeah i did the fast way...but that's because I'm new and I had to see my result. When I get used to it I'll probably age it a bit more. Sometimes the anticipation just gets to me you know...
Anywho the experience was absolutely amazing. I can't express the amount of happiness I get from never having to bottle another beer. Im sure Ill do it for special batches and what not but for now its just a relief to be able to recycle the 600 bottles I have in my house. LOL.... I would like to thank everybody in this forum for the insight and experience they gave to me through my entire brewing experience. Some things you just can't put a price tag on... Thank You.

As a side note I would like this thread to represent my appreciation for kegs and the ease in which to begin kegging. To all those who are thinking about it I promise you it is a journey worth traveling. Thanks again... and Cheers!:mug:

I know I will be:)

Steve

Welcome to the wonderful world of kegging Steve! You'll absolutely love it! What you got your kegs in? Freezer? Small Fridge? As you start liking kegging more and more, expect to get a nice collection of corney kegs lying around. Haven't bottled since, however, I am planning on using a beer gun to bottle certain batches in small quantities.

It's a great feeling pulling a pint of your own brew out of a tap. :mug:
My first couple of kegs went pretty fast. :drunk:
I was lucky in that by the time I had bottled my first batch I was given a faucet, shank and Co2 tank followed by a fridge all for free. I've kegged way more than I've bottled. I just installed my fourth and final tap yesterday. :rockin:

You'll absolutely love it! What you got your kegs in? Freezer? Small Fridge? As you start liking kegging more and more, expect to get a nice collection of corney kegs lying around.

If you don't have space to keep 5 or 6 kegs cool, you should keep bottling. I just started kegging, and its really kind of frustrating to have all this beer around, and know that I can only keep 2 types cold and carbonated. Until I build a 7+cf keezer, I'm going to keep bottling most of my beer.

I actually have a 7 cu ft chest freezer with adapter and it can hold 4 definitely and 6 possibly. Oh man, Im at work now and I just want to go home and look at it...lol:D Absolutely amazing...Im still in awe

I have a feeling my pale ale and pilsner are going to go pretty fast as well. Gosh I never thought I would have 10 gal of beer ready for consumption at one time in my house. :tank:

Steve

I was lucky in that by the time I had bottled my first batch I was given a faucet, shank and Co2 tank followed by a fridge all for free. I've kegged way more than I've bottled. I just installed my fourth and final tap yesterday. :rockin:

Is that a promise? :D I thought my two tapper was good, but nnooooo I had to go and get a third tap and a separate single tap fridge :drunk:

Awesome to hear you have room for 6 Steve, you'll really enjoy it!! Now will learn the struggle of keeping the pipeline full with kegs on tap :tank:

If you don't have space to keep 5 or 6 kegs cool, you should keep bottling. I just started kegging, and its really kind of frustrating to have all this beer around, and know that I can only keep 2 types cold and carbonated. Until I build a 7+cf keezer, I'm going to keep bottling most of my beer.
Even if you have the space for 5-6 kegs...it seems it's never enough. I have a 6-keg keezer w/ 4 taps plus a 3-keg upright fridge for lagers and still end up bottling the last couple of gallons in tapped kegs just to float them so I can get another keg in there chilling and gassing. And I always need bottled homebrew for gatherings/friends/family/comps/etc. so for me even though I still bottle quite a bit I rarely bottle condition. But kegging allows me to adjust the carbonation easier and there's no sediment so I'll prob always keg.

Is that a promise? :D I thought my two tapper was good, but nnooooo I had to go and get a third tap and a separate single tap fridge :drunk:

My fridge only holds four kegs and only has room for four taps so I'm pretty sure I'm done.
At least until I get another fridge. :D

Back