There are no stupid questions...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingofPop

Reaction score
from what I heard, lol
But this may be a stupid question. I have just gotten into soda making, I started with Rootbeer and I think I got it, I used champagne yeast and watched my measurements and stuff, BUT I am liking this whole making my own drinks and started to make diffrent flavors. But I don't like using yeast all the time and waiting. I would like to drink it instantly.Would all I need to carb it is C02? Like just the flavored sugar water and some Co2? I tried using Dry Ice and It still came out flat, I also watched some youtube videos about using a Co2 to add carbonation to drinks but it looks like only 2 litre bottles are used. I want to be able to hold a party and make some home made soda for it.So I am trying to do a couple gallons.
Sorry for the ramble, but I am new to all of this and still learning.Thank you.

from what I heard, lol
But this may be a stupid question. I have just gotten into soda making, I started with Rootbeer and I think I got it, I used champagne yeast and watched my measurements and stuff, BUT I am liking this whole making my own drinks and started to make diffrent flavors. But I don't like using yeast all the time and waiting. I would like to drink it instantly.Would all I need to carb it is C02? Like just the flavored sugar water and some Co2? I tried using Dry Ice and It still came out flat, I also watched some youtube videos about using a Co2 to add carbonation to drinks but it looks like only 2 litre bottles are used. I want to be able to hold a party and make some home made soda for it.So I am trying to do a couple gallons.
Sorry for the ramble, but I am new to all of this and still learning.Thank you.

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/kegging/kegging-systems/5-gallon-systems.html

Any one of those kits would do what you want to.

Edit: Except for the wine making kit.

Thanks for the Link Vance!
Im really liking these soda making, I like drinking my own soda better then buying it, I just went and got some soda water from the store and mixed it with my homemade syrup and LOVED IT!

I have 3 kegs of beer and 1 of some type of soda on tap at most times. Force carbing works on soda just like beer.

I like to brew mine, but if I was looking for instant gratification I would go with flavored simple syrup (1 part water and 1 part sugar), added to seltzer or club soda, like an Italian soda. You could get fancy and have several flavors, and guests could make their own.

I myself have searched the web looking for vidoes on doing so. I have a beer set up but would like to know how and see the procedure on how to carb/serve soda. Would rather not use my corneys for it but may use a bag in a box and .......thats just it. I don't know enough about it. How did they use the corneys back in the day?

A link would be great or have someone post a video would be even better.

Thanks in advance!
~K

Back in the day corney kegs were used the same as they are now. Systems that use them are still in use and still available. A cornelius system is a pre-mix system, as opposed to a post-mix system like the BIB systems used frequently today. The difference between them is that the pre-mix system uses the syrup mixed with water and carbed in the corney already. A post-mix system carbs the water first, then mixes with syrup at the time it's dispensed. The post-mix system has a more complicated set up and more pieces that go to it. A pre-mix system is essentially a fancy jockey box. The taps are hooked to the keg, and run through an ice bin or refrigerated plate chiller. CHI actually sells a pre-mix system for around $300. A BIB set up will cost you much more as you'll need a carbonator set up along with it.

Latest posts

Back