Tag sale score!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRems

Reaction score
Just got back from a tag sale. I picked up two tall skinny oxygen tanks both with medical regulators for $10 each! Tanks are still in certification as well.
Now I can oxygenate my wort! Anyone know how much to get one filled?

I say that because I was there today and walked past two O2 tanks with medical regulators on them. There was a guy inquiring about them as I walked past. That'd be funny if that was you.

So what are people using to oxigenate their wort? I was going to purchase a o2 tank for this purpose but now I am concerned.

I think you can get O2 bottles in the welding section at lowes or home depot. not positive though, never looked

Yes I was at stormville. Yes it's a medical cylinder, but there are no stampings on it other than designating it an oxygen cylinder. I'll bring it to the welding supply and see what they say. I figure at worst I could change the valve to co2 since the tank is rated for a higher pressure than co2.

So what are people using to oxigenate their wort? I was going to purchase a o2 tank for this purpose but now I am concerned.

There are three options for O2. First, the disposable ones. Second, a welding O2 tank and regulator. Third, medical bottles and regulators. I have a medical bottle but I can fill it at my fire department. I would call around before buying a medical bottle to see if you can get it filled. Craigslist is a cheap place to get them.

Back