Coconut Brown Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just had a Koko Brown from the Kona Brewing Company. It's a toasted coconut ale. I've also had a coconut porter on tap but I don't remember who made it. They were both pretty good I thought and I am ready to try to make my own. I live in Florida so there is no shortage of coconut and I plan on using fresh coconut.

So many ideas.

I just had a Koko Brown from the Kona Brewing Company. It's a toasted coconut ale. I've also had a coconut porter on tap but I don't remember who made it. They were both pretty good I thought and I am ready to try to make my own. I live in Florida so there is no shortage of coconut and I plan on using fresh coconut.

So many ideas.

i love koko brown. i am trying to make something equally tasty, but an extract recipe.
anyone have ideas? i'm not looking for a clone, its cheaper to just buy and hoard the beer, but unfortunately the season is over and i drank it all.:eek:
per kbc's website here's some brew specifications....
28 IBU
ALCOHOL BY VOLUME:
5.5%
ORIGINAL GRAVITY:
13.3 P
MALTS:
PREMIUM 2-ROW, VICTORY, CARAPILIS, MUNICH, CHOCOLATE
HOPS:
CASCADE, WILLAMETTE, WARRIOR, MILLENNIUM

Back