Fridge and parts advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoosierbrewer

Reaction score
Hi All:

I hope everyone had a good holiday. Life with an infant is hectic and I have not been on here or brewed in 6 months. I have 100 pounds of grain and hope to knock out 2 beers this month.

I have a friend whose wife bought him a kit to convert a full size fridge to a kegerator. He wants a kegerator like the Haier kegerator. The kit was purchased at Beverage Factory.

He asked me if there was an easy way to convert a smaller fridge to make it like the HAier. Basically, I think he needs a dorm style fridge and a tower to hook the kit to.

What fridge would you recommend? Is the tower the main thing that needs to be added to turn a regular fridge conversion kit into a tower kit?

He also talked about returning it to beverage factory and just getting the Haier one, but he will pay 30-40 to send it back and another 100 to have the Haier sent to him.

Thanks!

Tony

Reading previous posts, it seems that if the fridge has a freezer, it may not easily be converted to a kegerator with a tower faucet.

Does he like (or have time) for DIY, or worth it to pay a premium to have it already done? Also, which kit does he have? The Haier probably has sankey connections, which if he does HB, will need to be replaced with ball/pin lock connections.

His kit, +tower (+ taps depending on tower), + fridge... $130-$140 for Haier? Even with changing the connections, it might be worth it. Just make sure it's going to be big enough to support his brewing addition :)

Reading previous posts, it seems that if the fridge has a freezer, it may not easily be converted to a kegerator with a tower faucet.

If you want the tower on the fridge, then no. He could do like a number of us have and build a bar with a tower next to the fridge and run the beer lines (insulated) from the fridge to the tower

Thanks guys. He is not a homebrewer. He just has this kit from Beverage Factory. I connects to the outside of a fridge. Money is not an issue for him at all. He might be better off to send it back and then get one like he wants. I was hoping there was an easy solution. I guess I could try Haier itself to see if it sells a replacement fridge for the kit.

Back