Kegging question for a noob

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLW

Reaction score
I'm into my 5th. batch and I want to keg. The problem is I don't have a kegerator yet. Any options to serve the beer cold without a kegerator? Or should I just wait? I'm thinking if I'm really good this year Santa might bring me one for Christmas or at maybe I build one?

I was thinking about kegging my IIPA which will need to age for awhile. I assume I can age it in the keg?

You can do things like tap a draft kegs with are smaller and will fit in your refrigerator but IMO it's a waste of money. Wait until you can get a kegerator and do it right the first time and buy Perlick faucets. Bottling ain't that bad.

I would start buying the equipment. kegerators are nice but you can build a keezer for less, and it'll hold the cornies we can buy easiely (unlike 15.5gal sankes)

look for a 4 pack of used kegs, not re-furb'd. then re-furb and clean em so you understand your equipment. then get a CO2 tank (i'd go aluminum for the lightweight and no-rust factor inside the keezer). then you just need a reg, some lines, and decide if you want a draft tower, faucets, or picnic taps like me.

Latest posts

Back