Bell's / Pliny exchange anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick500

Reaction score
I really want to try Russian River Pliny the Elder (and/or Pliny the Younger).

I can't get it here.

I *can* however, get as much wonderful Bell's (Two-Hearted Ale, Expedition Stout, etc. etc.) as I want.

Anyone who can't get Bell's want to trade one or a few?

(Please?) :mug:

You won't get to try PtY out there unless you have a friend wo is nice enough to get a growler filled for you at the brewery and then drive or ship it to you. There are rumors of it getting bottled, but nothing so far.

If you want, look at South Bay Drugs - or at Beverages 4 Less: Beers

They both ship and both carry Pliny, Blind Pig, and many other great beers.

If things go as planned, I'll be at Russian River for lunch this sunday. I'll see what I can do ;)

IIRC the younger is pretty much tapped out for the year.

Elder is on tap at a few places in the Phila metro right now but it seems such a waste to get a growler fill then re-bottle or ship the growler and have something show up that might not truly represent an accurate picture of the beer you really want to try.

What bars in Philly have Russian River on Tap on a regular basis? I am going there in November, I realize that is far off, and would love to try any RR beer.

Help me, Obi-Wan Caspio; you're my only hope.

:D

Sounds like my friends are going to be lame, and I might not make it to Russian River this weekend after all. However, our local bottle shop has a pretty good selection, so I'll try to drop by and see if they have PtE.

What bars in Philly have Russian River on Tap on a regular basis? I am going there in November, I realize that is far off, and would love to try any RR beer.

Check back when you're closer to heading into town....generally, Monks seems to always have something from them on tap lately though.

Sounds like my friends are going to be lame, and I might not make it to Russian River this weekend after all. However, our local bottle shop has a pretty good selection, so I'll try to drop by and see if they have PtE.

Thanks! I very much appreciate that.

If you find any, let me know if there's anything in particular (Bell's or otherwise) you're looking for.

Thanks! I very much appreciate that.

If you find any, let me know if there's anything in particular (Bell's or otherwise) you're looking for.

Sadly, my friends were lame and we didn't make it by russian river over the weekend. To quote the lady I was lamenting to at our local bottle shop yesterday "Are you sure they're your friends?"

Anyway, Rick500 YGPM with some options

Going to be heading back down within range of Russian River's distributorship this weekend. Rick500, clear out your pm box

Done! (Sorry, I really need to spring for a membership and get a decent-sized inbox.)

When I made it out to fort collins I got to try the elder. It was good, but it absolutely did not live up to the hype. It was just an IPA. I'd take a two hearted or a stone over a pliny any day now. I understand your yearning though, I couldn't wait to try one.

I just traded with a kid from California and got:

2 Pliny
1 Blind Pig
1 Temptation
1 Damnation 23
1 Consecration

Just go on Beeradvocate and trade with someone that has Pliny.

I'm in San Diego and would love to trade some stuff with you. Anything Bells works for me and I have access to a decent selection of the RR bottled stuff

Back