Best price for brown swing top bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got 'em for 10 cents a piece. Both green and brown 16 and 22 oz. Just stop by a recycling center or beer store. (not sure if they have them in VA though)

The Ikea near me had clear ones for a little over a buck. one liter bottles too. I don't mind the clearness since i can keep 'em dark. Nobody recycles the damned things out this way so i didn't mind shelling out the bread.

I got 'em for 10 cents a piece. Both green and brown 16 and 22 oz. Just stop by a recycling center or beer store. (not sure if they have them in VA though)

Where are you in Suffern? I use to own the Nextel store downtown.
P.S. want to sell any extras?

All the sites I've visited are asking way too much IMHO.

Bottles cost an arm and a leg to ship too. They're heavy and fragile.

I pay slightly less than this and no shipping, since it's my LHBS.

Wine & Beer making supplies for the Home Brewer, in-stock at the Flying Barrel in Frederick, Md. Come in and look around. Email or call us and we will ship your order to you, right away. If you can't come in, shop our Online Store!

I don't buy many of them. I bought three cases of the 1 liter for myself and just use regular beer bottle for what I give away.

there are a number of brands of beer that come in brown swing tops. Just find a good local beer store that has good variety. They might cost you a little more, but you get the beer to drink as well.

Does anyone know of an affordable price for these? All the sites I've visited are asking way too much IMHO.

Thanks.:eek:

I checked Kijiji and Craigslist and found a whole load of EZ-Cap bottles for cheap... I bought 48 for $15, then another 105 (70 500mL & 35 1L bottles) for $50. I'm set for bottles! :mug:

They sell for $25 for a dozen at my LHBS.

Free - Tell your friends who drink good beer to save the bottles for you, and your repay them by lending it back to them with good homebrew. If you don't have friends who drink beer with that style of bottles, you need better friends. No, really it is a moral imperative.

Sometimes you can get lucky with Freecycle and yard sales too. I bought a couple cases of 1L and 1/2 L swing tops a while back from Austin Homebrew because of their flat rate ($6.99) shipping. I don't lend these bottles out- they tend not to come back.

Back