Is this cool or sad?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schneemann

Reaction score
When I was a kid, I was the first punk rocker in my school. I've always listened to what I consider to be "extreme" music - outside the fringe, whether it is punk, metal, or rap (I consider NWA to be the Black Flag of rap).

As a young adult, I used to laugh at all the people here in Baltimore who still listen to the same music and dress the same way they did back in 1984. They act like Bon Jovi's Slippery When Wet and Motley Crue's Shout at the Devil are still as "in" as their skin tight Jordache and 3/4 length T-shirts.

Today, I was listening to one of the stations I have on Pandora and a song came on from Napalm Death's Harmony Corruption, followed by Raining Blood by Slayer. I was jazzed! It got me thinking, though. Is this lame or cool? Am I the same as all the other BaltiMorons who are stuck in the past?

Oh well, at least I don't dress the same as I did in 1984...

Nothing wrong with kickin it old school. Its when you still drive the 1984 three toned Camaro while having a mullet and hanging out with the high school kids, that's when its a problem.

mullet.jpg

This is sad!!!

You are just being nostalgic! The difference is that you are looking back and enjoying. That ^^^ guy is stuck in that era. :D

Back