Bad Beer In San Antonio

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rohanski

Reaction score
I have been have an unusual infection problem and found another fellow brewer in San Antonio has had the same unusual problem. I have had 10 bad batches and he has had 7. Has anyone in the area had similar problems?

I'm in NW San Antonio. I've only done two extract batches but they've turned out okay. Not spectacular since I'm new but they taste okay to me.

I usually get bottled drinking water from HEB. It's SA water, just bottled in gallon jugs. I saw the other post about the bad batches. I'm not sure if it's bad water or not but that's why I just get bottled water. For 2-3 bucks total it's worth it to me.

I really don't know a whole lot about home brewing yet but a new primary is pretty cheap. Maybe get some new gear?

The microbes here Are FUNKY. I brew in the garage and sanatize with bleach because when I have used other sanatizers I had bad beer. Long story abreviated I think the microbes here or pollen in the air can lead to off beer. Brew inside sanatize everything x10.

GjG said:
The microbes here Are FUNKY. I brew in the garage and sanatize with bleach because when I have used other sanatizers I had bad beer. Long story abreviated I think the microbes here or pollen in the air can lead to off beer. Brew inside sanatize everything x10.

Maybe it's all that Cedar pollen that you guys get from the Hill country? Or something that blows up from those humid southeast Gulf coast winds that blow most of the year?

Back