Commercial hop rope anchors? How?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sticks22

Reaction score
I saw a video of a guy with a metal rod, and he was using it like a shovel to anchor the ropes to the ground. I'm wondering what some of the people in some of the YouTube videos were doing when they went down the rows and anchoring the ropes for the hop vines? What did they use, metal washers or ???

I used to use trap anchors. So, I'm familiar with them and was wondering if they did the same thing?

Ok, I just found a video of a removable cable anchor on YouTube-"version10 of the ground anchor". Type this in the search box on YouTube to see how ingenious this thing is. Its also very simple design.

I just found another video for you guys on YouTube.....

By hopsdirect- "hops tv - episode 10 - stringing the hop yard" at 3:30 min into the video, they seem to use a "w" shaped piece of metal about 1/4 in wide to anchor the ropes and a metal rod to push the ropes into the ground.

Back