Dank my first homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewcrew86

Reaction score
I drank my first homebrew last night after 6 days being bottled. I brewed a bb wiezenbier kit. I was scared before opening the bottle. Once I popped the top and heard the co2 being released, my worries were gone! I poured the beer into a glass and the head was a little low but after the beer was gone, the froth was still covering the glass.

Now, when I was doing the boil I did a full boil and did not compensate for evaporation. I ended up with a little less than 4.5 gallons. The reason why I am telling you this is because the wheat was a little strong although the taste was good.

I'm brewing Biermuncher's centennial blonde tonight and will start with over 6 gallons to compensate for evaporation.

I must say this is a great accomplishment and I feel a sense of pride. Thank you homebrewtalk.com and all it's members for your help and support!

Sounds like everything went pretty well for your first brew. At only 6 days after bottling, the beer will still be very green yet. Give it a few more weeks to carbonate fully and condition its self, and any overly strong or off flavors will work there way out. Your lower than expected wort volume will just result in a bit higher gravity beer, which translates into slightly higher abv, and a few less beers when all is said and done. No real problems there.

Your title made me laugh! Congrats on your first homebrew! I think you are going to really like BM Blonde. I have brewed it a couple of times and it was really popular.

I drank my first homebrew last night after 6 days being bottled. I brewed a bb wiezenbier kit. I was scared before opening the bottle. Once I popped the top and heard the co2 being released, my worries were gone! I poured the beer into a glass and the head was a little low but after the beer was gone, the froth was still covering the glass.

Now, when I was doing the boil I did a full boil and did not compensate for evaporation. I ended up with a little less than 4.5 gallons. The reason why I am telling you this is because the wheat was a little strong although the taste was good.

I'm brewing Biermuncher's centennial blonde tonight and will start with over 6 gallons to compensate for evaporation.

I must say this is a great accomplishment and I feel a sense of pride. Thank you homebrewtalk.com and all it's members for your help and support!

Back