Beer Became Cloudy at 13 Days

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moonraker7

Reaction score
Hi. I've been fermenting an all grain batch and it appeared that the fermentation was slowing down and it began clearing up, but after 2 weeks, its now more cloudy, and it appears that the fermentation has picked up again. The temperature has remained constant and it hasn't been moved, any ideas what this is? Is my beer screwed?

Hi. I've been fermenting an all grain batch and it appeared that the fermentation was slowing down and it began clearing up, but after 2 weeks, its now more cloudy, and it appears that the fermentation has picked up again. The temperature has remained constant and it hasn't been moved, any ideas what this is? Is my beer screwed?

1) Are you still in a primary or did you put in a secondary?

2)When you mean fermentation kicked back up do you mean the airlock is still bubbling like crazy and you see a vigorous fermentation? Or is it still bubbling every now and then (45 seconds or so)?

Well.... What was the outcome. I have same problem.

Problem? What problem? You are expecting yeast to work like humans, stay on the job until it is finished? You haven't been watching your co-workers. They take breaks every now and then and yeast can do it too. As long as they don't forget to go back to work, everything turns out just fine.

well i was just wondering how the beer came out. Assuming everything came out just fine, but was curious to see if there was some kind of infection.

Back