HopHeads beware!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What search term was used to revive this thread.

On second thought I don’t want to know.

If you scroll down you will see "Similar threads" the forum recommends. How do you get notified about such old threads?

I was the principal lobbyist for bringing back the "Similar Threads" feature after the latest Forum Runner Switch :) It's not so much about "notification" in the classic sense - there's no pushing going on - it's more of an aid to folks looking for answers. If they come across a thread that's in the ball park, the "Similar Threads" might get them even closer to the answer.

The thing is, one does have to recognise when a thread has been dormant for 15 years and not expect the original conversants to respond :)

Cheers!

This thread one of the “similar threads” listed at the end of the “Keg Factory-Buyer Beware” thread. I think that feature has a lot to do with the number of zombie threads getting ressurected. As noted above, it pays to look at the date of the last post before responding.

If the admins desire, most forums have an “autolock after X days of inactivity”. Thats usually pretty easy to set. Xenforo is certainly more sophisticated than the phpbb forum I used to manage.

Back