Building a kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgrayson726

Reaction score
I am looking to build a kegerator. So far, I've found a 17.7 cu fridge and 2 corney kegs.

Fridge - $30
Kegs (2) - $35

I need CO2, a regulator, a tap, and tubing.

What else do I need? And does anyone know roughly this will cost? Ballpark answers are okay, I just want a rough idea.

I've spent a good amount of time looking at the "Show us your kegerator" thread. Props to everyone that posted on there! :mug:

I am looking to build a kegerator. So far, I've found a 17.7 cu fridge and 2 corney kegs.

Fridge - $30
Kegs (2) - $35

I need CO2, a regulator, a tap, and tubing.

What else do I need? And does anyone know roughly this will cost? Ballpark answers are okay, I just want a rough idea.

I've spent a good amount of time looking at the "Show us your kegerator" thread. Props to everyone that posted on there! :mug:
Go to kegconnection.com and get one of the 2 keg setups, but upgrade to a dual regulator setup with 2 gas valves per reg. That will give you 2 cobra taps, figure that you will spend about $50 per tap after that if you go with Perlicks and decent quality shanks, tail pieces, beer nuts, and 3/16 poly tubing or $5 more for barrier tubing. Keep the cobra taps for transporting to parties, or having an extra beer on tap when you have a backup in the pipeline.

I'm looking to build my own. As far as I see, one of the 2 keg setups cost 500+. I want to spend ~100 on a dual tap system. Is this unreasonable?

sub 100 is going to very hard to do.

first off if you can find a CO2 tank on the cheap you can save some there, but new they run about $50.

then your going to want a dual stage regulator those are about $50ish give or take

you need a splitter or manifold to split off your co2 to each keg.

now you need co2 tubing and beer line pretty cheap. .50 afoot, but guess what you need the ball lock couplings for the kegs those run 11-13$ a set per keg.

so lets say you score a tank for 25
regulator for 50
hoses 20
connectors 26
oetiker clamps 4
manifold 35
perlick faucets 30 each
shanks ??? not sure.

sub 100 probably not, but cheaper than a kit? hrm... possibly.

-=Jason=-

thanks flomaster, that is very informative. I plan on shopping craigslist for a few weeks to see what I can get. But this sort of gives me a checklist. I'll post again when I get everything and see how the price compares for my goal!

If you want to save money, be patient and watch craigslist and subscribe to their rss feed. Also check out the classified ads on this site as there appears to be lots of good used stuff sold on here for good deals. Craigslist is nice because equipment can be expensive to ship. I've seen some decent deals on ebay. The key is being patient, which may not be worth it for you.

check craigslists if you want to save money on parts

oops didnt see cincybrewer's post.. yup gotta be patient if you want to save your pennies

I just did the single-tap system at beveragefactory for $114. I'm going to get another keg at the LHBS for $39, and just split the line for the CO2 (so I only need one regulator.) I won't be able to have two separate levels of carbonation, but that's fine for me.

Back