why are they called corona mills?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, here you go:

mill

Corona is Spanish for "crown". So, it's not an uncommon brand name.

That information is completely useless, I know. But I thought I'd throw that out there.

Wow, I am an idiot. We have one of those in our house, in the garage and I didn't know what it was.

My mother in law brought it over one day, and I was like 'yeah, OK Sue, we'll use that all the time'...I think she wanted us to use it to crush/smash our own baby food. Weird.

YooperBrew said:
Corona is Spanish for "crown". So, it's not an uncommon brand name.

That information is completely useless, I know. But I thought I'd throw that out there.
All true, but the reason Corona is a well used brand name is because the crown belonged to the king, he always had the best also. It just indicates (in the sellers mind) that this item is the best.

Incidently, Acme, as in the coyote's Acme, means the top or best also. ;)

homebrewer_99 said:
Incidently, Acme, as in the coyote's Acme, means the top or best also. ;)

So according to all te cartoons I have watched, if it says its the best, stay way from it...:D

A Spainsh word we see around here alot is Rincón , which means spot or corner place or nook. You might see a bar called..El Rincóncito- The little spot or hideaway or Mercado Rincón - The Market Spot.

Back