Christmas Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoss75

Reaction score
Finally got my Holiday Ale together. I was starting to panic there. Should be a nice change. I usually throw down with a spcied beer but this time i added some orange zest and honey, in addition to the traditional spices. The flavor will be pretty intense, but it should mellow over the next three months nicely. I noticed a lot of the brewers on this site like those in their xmas brews so I figured it was time to experiment and learn a little something from the masters.

Anyone got something new for the holidays?

Anybody have any good recipes for a spiced winter ale. I'm thinking something like Granville Island Winter Ale (in case anyone has tried it) which has a caramel and vanilla flavour (along with a little bit of other spices). But I'm willing to try others.

Anybody have any good recipes for a spiced winter ale. I'm thinking something like Granville Island Winter Ale (in case anyone has tried it) which has a caramel and vanilla flavour (along with a little bit of other spices). But I'm willing to try others.

Northernbrewer.com has a pretty nice one if you look under extract specialty kits. I'm making something similar for Christmas this year

I bought a kit for a clone of Youngs Double Chocolate Stout for my Christmas beer. I was thinking about a porter, but I got ahold of a bottle of Youngs while overseas this spring and was blown away. Had to brew it.

Latest posts

Back