Motherf***in Starter...POS stilr plate...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShortSnoutBrewing

Kwanesum Chinook Illahee
Reaction score
Over reacting really...But I cooked up a starter last night and was using my stirplate for the first time. Woke up this morning and went downstairs...something wasn't sounding quite right. Walked in to the guest room where I had the starter...Darn thing was thrown from the stir plate and dumped. Good thing I put a blanked down on the ground. Carpet was fine but there was wort all over the wall. A bright yellow wall and all I had on hand was some dark DME.

Fun times fun times.
:ban: :tank: :drunk:

Yeah, walking over to the LHBS on my lunch...hopefully the SNOW stops by then.

No pictures...As I was cleaning up the walls I knew someone would ask, but it really wasn't picture worthy.

How it got thrown...well, that's the mystery. It was doing fine between 9p - 12a. Sometime between then and 6:30a it plunged to it's death. It's a cigar box stirplate and was on a wood table. Funny thing though was the stirplate was in the same place. The flask must have just shimmied over slowly till it tipped.

Yeah, WTF is up with this snow? We got a few inches up this way, but not enough to cancel work (dammit.)

Kilted Brewer said:
Yeah, walking over to the LHBS on my lunch...hopefully the SNOW stops by then.

No pictures...As I was cleaning up the walls I knew someone would ask, but it really wasn't picture worthy.

How it got thrown...well, that's the mystery. It was doing fine between 9p - 12a. Sometime between then and 6:30a it plunged to it's death. It's a cigar box stirplate and was on a wood table. Funny thing though was the stirplate was in the same place. The flask must have just shimmied over slowly till it tipped.

Shimmied?

Soundz to me more like Catz, do you have one?

GilaMinumBeer said:
Shimmied?

Soundz to me more like Catz, do you have one?

Nope, no catz....two pugz....but trust me, their a$$es were PASSED out. PLus we put a gate up in our room so they don't go wondering. Unless they've figured out how to move it and put it back....hmmmm...

****, f**k, g** d*** it, c**k sucking....
Lesson not learned...I moved the damn stirplate to the basement, had it going very smoothly from 6p - 12:30a again...get up at 6a and the stupid thing is tipped over again. AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Kilted Brewer said:
****, f**k, g** d*** it, c**k sucking....
Lesson not learned...I moved the damn stirplate to the basement, had it going very smoothly from 6p - 12:30a again...get up at 6a and the stupid thing is tipped over again. AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Now that's funny stuff right there.

I'm sorry...that really sucks...but it's funny as hell.

Take pics this time.

Maybe you are discovering you have paranormal activity in your house. The beer gods are not pleased. You must sacrifice more brain cells to them quickly! Pour a beer or seven to appease the gods!:mug:

BobG said:
Yeah, this thread is useless without pics!

Seriously, pics would do NOTHING for this thread. You have a stir plate, you have a tipped over flask...and a wet spot on the towel/blanket/floor. That's about it.

Here's a pic:

motivator6703429.jpg

Great...just f'ing great...My Jeep was broken in to tonight. Busted the passenger window, stole the XM, and a bunch of personal info from insurance cards, registraton, etc....What next??? Why???? WHY ME?????????

Kilted Brewer said:
Great...just f'ing great...My Jeep was broken in to tonight. Busted the passenger window, stole the XM, and a bunch of personal info from insurance cards, registraton, etc....What next??? Why???? WHY ME?????????

Ever dumped a batch? God could be punishing you.

Kilted Brewer said:

And there's the third thing! That all sucks, but hopefully it's all over now.

Latest posts

Back