KreamyX

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As with plain old priming sugar, If I'm going to keg I should use 1/3 to 1/2 the packet not the whole thing? Is that correct?

cz

As with plain old priming sugar, If I'm going to keg I should use 1/3 to 1/2 the packet not the whole thing? Is that correct?

cz

This stuff is meant for bottling. You will not get the full effect w/o the whole package.

That said you could add the whole pack, let it carb at room temp and vent once a day for a week or so, maybe two, then put it on C02. Letting more out day by day is better than over carbing. Another way to vent is to let run its course and fully carb, chill it, once cold then let it vent over night w/o the gas line. This last way it will be ready to drink one night after its cold and you will use less C02.

My guess at your normal C02 it will have a very thick moussy head. You will also need to pull a few pints cause you'll have some sediment.

This has corn sugar and DME so it will carb slowly so don't surprised if it does very little the first few days if you decide to vent daily.

Remember - I want to see pictures!!!!

Then I'll try the second method. Let is carb chill and leave vent open all night without gas. Then add gas and serve. It's for deer hunting weekend (Nov 21) so it'll be a little bit yet, just getting everything ready.

cz

O.K., used the kreamyX in my NB Honey Brown extract kit and all I can say is WoW!

The directions say to use all 7oz per five imperial gallons (same as U.S. gallons?). At any rate, I used the whole 7oz pack. I noticed no difference in carb times, and the kreamyx performed as advertised.

My Honey Brown has a dense, creamy, lingering, thick head that produces ridonkulous amounts of lacing.

Although I wont use this in pale ales, I can't wait to try it in a stout or porter.

I'm ordering several more packs to keep on hand.....
Pez

She doesn't carry it but can get. She thinks it's a little gimmicky and prefers a few oats in the recipe for the same effect.

or flaked barley..

ESB1.jpg

ESB2.jpg

if you keg it works well

Does this make a beer that is way too fizzy if you use the whole bag?

Usually for ales I use about 3 to 3.5oz of corn sugar. Seems like a whole pack of KreamyX might be too bubbly.

FYI - I use the whole package with ~ 2 cups of water. I believe it says that its for 6 gallons (23L) I have always used the entire contents in 5 gallons (18L). That's ok since the UK likes their beer w/ less carbonation. There is NO risk for bottle bombs as long as your beer is ready to bottle.

This is reassuring :mug:

Back