Great brew pot deal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fantastic. I'm curious how the bottom of the pot is: thickened to distribute heat better, or not? Please let us know after you get yours in the mail. Great find!

I think I'm gonna make a trip to the scrapyard this afternoon to see if they have any kegs that I can convert...

Keep that basket, cut the lip off of it, line it with some screen and it'll fit nicely in a 10 gallon round cooler. Put your grain in there and it'll get nice drainage.

mrkristofo said:
Fantastic. I'm curious how the bottom of the pot is: thickened to distribute heat better, or not? Please let us know after you get yours in the mail. Great find!

I've received my pot. It is very nice. 18/0 stainless and pretty heavy. I haven't used it yet, but expect decent results. From what I can tell the bottom doesn't seem thickened. So there may be potential for scorching, etc. unless I keep a close eye. After I brew, I'll report back, but all in all I'm very satisfied for the price.

Can you guys elaborate more on the converted keg? I assume you just cut the top off and use it as a big pot..right?

El_Borracho said:
Can you guys elaborate more on the converted keg? I assume you just cut the top off and use it as a big pot..right?
Alright...you asked for it...

Step 1: Get some ear muffs...

Keggle_3.JPG

Heh.. the keggle thing scares me bro.. hah.. I talked to my mom she used to run a catering service.. She has a few big pots laying around I should be good, and get to keep my fingers! :D

Thanks tho..

Back