1028 for a little sumpin sumpin clone??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peacenwaves

Reaction score
Hey, I am going to try to make a beer similiar to lagunitas' little sumpin sumpin, and when i was out picking up the yeast for it yesterday I found that my lhbs was out of both wlp002 and wyeast 1098... he suggested 1028, london ale, and of course without any research on my own i bought it...

after reading about it online, i think that i may have made a mistake... I want to brew this style of beer because I love the maltyness that is left behind along with the fairly strong hop flavor... but I have read a few posts/threads saying that this is a dryer strain that kind of masks the hop characters...

Anyone have any experience with this one? I was planning on making this today, but i guess i should hold off until i get this straight :D

Thanks!!

From wiki..

1028 London Ale Yeast
Rich with a dry finish, minerally profile, bold and crisp, with some fruitiness. Often used for higher gravity ales and when a high level of attenuation is desired for the style. Flocculation - medium; apparent attenuation 73-77%. (60-72° F, 15-22° C)

Lagunitas uses it in Hop Soopid, besides the minerally profile the rest looks good. So i say use it
I bought it to use also for...

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/lagunitas-hop-stoopid-clone-straight-lagunitas-327076/

Back