Vacuum sealer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right area or not, but I was looking to get some bulk hops and portion them out into vac sealed packages & freeze them. Anyone know of a decent vac sealer that's decent quality without breaking the bank?? Thanks for any advice!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0044XDA3S/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

$70. I don't know of cheaper ones. This is what I use and it is perfect for me.

71SnWMLvcCL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
passedpawn said:

Just got the same one a few weeks ago from amazon for $60 shipped. Packaged 8lbs (4lb leaf and 4lb pellets), works great. Also, I think that the Ziplock brand vacuum sealer bags are nicer than the foodsaver brand bags, and they have coupons in the newspaper for them regularly.

image-3276680530.jpg

image-248548959.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Been using a FoodSaver brand to vac bag all my homegrown hops for several years. Works great! The only thing that's missing is the availability of oxygen barrier bags for the homeowner type vac sealers. If you can live with that and don't keep the hops forever, like more than a year, and keep the sealed bags in a freezer, then you can't beat the economy of scale or either growing your own hops or buying in bulk.

Back