South Jersey/Philly Group Buy... ROUND 15!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First timer here (I live in Philly)... I'm looking to get some base malt (50 lbs), some wheat (maybe 1/2 sack, 20 to 25 pounds), some crystal 60 (1/4 sack or so), and perhaps some hops (1 pound). Seems a lot of people like the GW-2ROW, but some pick CM-2ROW. This sales sheet is a bit overwhelming... any advice?

As for hops, if anyone wants to go in on some Brewer's Gold, I'm game.

No hops on this order - just grain. I will be running a hops buy in the next week or so though. I will post a note in this thread when it starts so you will be notified.

tim404 said:
First timer here (I live in Philly)... I'm looking to get some base malt (50 lbs), some wheat (maybe 1/2 sack, 20 to 25 pounds), some crystal 60 (1/4 sack or so), and perhaps some hops (1 pound). Seems a lot of people like the GW-2ROW, but some pick CM-2ROW. This sales sheet is a bit overwhelming... any advice?

As for hops, if anyone wants to go in on some Brewer's Gold, I'm game.

GW-2row isn't available anymore. CM is the way to go. Its a 55lb bag. Works out to be about $30. No hops on this order, sorry

Ok. I'm definitely in for

1 x CM-2ROW

And still want to split some wheat (CM-WHET I guess?) and/or some Crystal (40 or 60). Any takers?

Count me in for 2xBD-MOPA. PM me or something for the paypal information so i can pay in a timely manner.

I'm looking for someone to split a bag of flaked corn
(GP-FLCRN)
50lb bag .56lb[/QUOTE]

Anyone want to split this bag of flaked corn with me?

I want to amend my order.

Previously wanted 1 x CM-2ROW

NOW:
1 x CM-2ROW
1x CM-PALE
1 gallon 5S-STAR4
8 lbs PW 5S-PBW8LB

I still want to split half a bag of wheat malt with someone...

I want to amend my order.
1 gallon 5S-STAR4.
That comes 4 gallons to a case. I cant just order 1 gallon

Not sure where the count is at... if i had to drop one.. drop my 2 row
No need. Someone had to drop their order so yours just filled the group buy!

GROUP BUY IS NOW FULL

I wont get a chance to get the invoices worked up until tomorrow so if anyone needs to make any changes, now is the time!

I'm sorry I missed this. Would have bought a bag or two of MO.

Please keep me posted for your next group buy. I live in Milford, DE 19963. Much thanks!!

Richie

There will be another one starting after delivery of this one. I'll need base malts on the next buy too.

Also interested in splitting a 1/3 sack at most of "120 crystal malt". Baird or Fawcett preferred, but GW if that is the way the others want to go.

originally posted by lordura
looks like there is a chance of drizzle. If anyone has a tarp or anything that might help out in the event if a little rain, please bring it. We'll need to get this one unloaded and packed up as quickly as possible. I noticed there is only 2 splits so we should be done quickly this time. See everyone tonight!

I won't have any myself since i keg but if you want to bring any bottles to share with others, feel free!

originally posted by flyerwire:

Come on now, you kegging doesnt stop you from bottling a few out of the keg! (i'm not even in this round, just giving you a hard time)

originally posted by oldbrew: The whole thing about that is.. The guy that sets up, then hauls the pallets down the street so you guys pay pennies per pound, shouldn't be thinking about bringing beers to the pickup point.

The guys getting these great prices are the ones that should be showing up with brews for the guy supplying you guys with dirt cheap grain.
Go to a homebrew shop and see what they charge for a sack of grain!!

an FYI from the last group buy thread

an FYI from the last group buy thread
I was thinking of what i could do for the guy(s) who set this up. Good call. Its the least i can do for doing all this. And i'll absolutely be in on the hop group buy.

I was thinking of what i could do for the guy(s) who set this up. Good call. Its the least i can do for doing all this. And i'll absolutely be in on the hop group buy.
I would think gas money, a few beers, are acceptable non profits that stay within the guidelines of this forums rules for posting.

we all should buy him a sack or two of grain. I'm all for that.

I'm sorry I missed this. Would have bought a bag or two of MO.

Please keep me posted for your next group buy. I live in Milford, DE 19963. Much thanks!!

Richie

Hey Richie! I live in Milton and will definitely let you know when the next group buy is. Maybe we could carpool to the pick up site or if someone could grab our grain meet them.

Sidebar - Big props and hella thanks to Sethga and NAZZ for picking up my grain and working with my crazy schedule, it's much appreciated and will not go unnoticed. With the possible gov shut down I'll be out of a job till they get their asses in gear and work this out, so plenty of time to brew :rockin:

Group Buy Rules

Only ingredient group buys are allowed on HBT unless you are an HBT registered Vendor.

Exact price from retailer must be posted in thread and cost must be exact, no up charge for putting together group buys or expense fee of any sort.

Pickup of ingredients from group buy must be local, no shipping to people participating allowed.

Retailer of ingredients is not allowed to be active in thread unless they are an HBT Vendor.

Group buy must be organically started by a well established HBT member. Anyone working for or affiliated with the retailer will not be allowed. Attempting to do commercial/vendor/profit sales fronting as a Group Buy will result in banning and having company blacklisted from HBT.

HBT is in no way responsible for Group Buys and cannot help or assist in a dispute. Buyer beware!

So basically the guy that is running the buy isn't allowed to ask for anything other then the cost of the group buys ingredients shipping costs and transaction processing fees. he may not up charge in any way!

says nothing about others donating of their own choice towards the cause.

Working up the invoices now... since there are twice as many orders, they'll be out pretty late tonight.

No problem Native and NAZZ -- I gotta go to work anyways so might as well haul stuff down. Just need to remember that 7 sacks of grain in the trunk increases braking distance, haha

free beer at my house in Shamong if anyone is ever in the area

youll have to google it

Ooh can we go to the Pic ?!

The pic it is! But we better get our fill of good beer before we go get wings....

(pic no have good beer)

I'm not able to get all these finished tonight so i'll have them sent out tomorrow evening. Clear your PMs and be ready!

Back