Two carboys, one cap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuinrearview

Reaction score
So I made the 45 min. drive to the homebrew store yesterday in anticipation of transferring my 12 day old amber from primary, and brewing a new batch to put in there. Well, I looked at the orange carboy caps while I was there, but thought that I had a second one. Of course, I was wrong! What easily obtainable household items have people used to top a carboy. I'm not sure what size stoppers fit the glass carboys, and I'm not even sure where I could find one after work tomorrow. If there's no good solution I guess I'll be back to the (not so) LHBS

You might be able to tak a balloon and sanitize it, poke a pin hole in it near the top(the thicker part)of the balloon and stretch it around the mouth of the carboy.

I would put a balloon or rubber over the beer in secondary if need be you can poke a small hole in said device to let co2 out. No bad guys should be able to get in...

take a lighter and sanitize some aluminum foil and cover it nice and tight on your 2ndary. It will be good enough and the alcohol in your fermented beer will keep kill any nasties that may get in...

then use your cap on your new beer.

never had a problem doing this way.

+1 on the foil,

and if you were taking it from a roll still in the box i don't even see why you would need to worry to much about sanitizing it, but that may be just me

I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, but when I saw the thread title, I half expected to see something about a couple of chicks passing around a carboy cap filled with trub...and, well, you get the idea. :D

Back