CO2 line-in

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeRoux's Broux

Reaction score
hey guy's, i want to move my CO2 bottle outside my keg fridge. of those that have, how did u do it. i know to use a hole saw for the hole, but what hardware did u use to secure/seal it to the fridge. valves? or just run it stright through????
thanks.

If I were doing it, I'd just get a short tap shank and flange it on both sides. Outside, I'd reduce it to a 1/4 threaded fitting for the CO2 hose. On the inside, I'd just run a line to the gas manifold. Don't see any need for extra valves.

I thought that guy in the thread with the cool pictures of his brewery had a nifty idea...had one of the quick connects mounted to the side of his fridge (that I assume went through to the keg) where he could just plug in his CO2 tank from outside. At least I think that's what I was looking at.

BeeGee said:
I thought that guy in the thread with the cool pictures of his brewery had a nifty idea...had one of the quick connects mounted to the side of his fridge (that I assume went through to the keg) where he could just plug in his CO2 tank from outside. At least I think that's what I was looking at.
the Boathouse Brewery page? i didn't notice. have to go back and look.

thanks!

Try this. Pick up some rubber grommets at Home Depot (look in the electrical department). The size you want is 1/2" ID x 5/8" Drill. Drill a 5/8" hole through the wall of the fridge. Take a grommet and install it into the hole on the outside of the fridge so that the wall fits into the channel on the grommet. You may have to carve out a little insulation around the hole to get it to fit right. Do the same on the inside wall.

Now, take a 2-1/2" or 3" long pipe nipple (1/4" NPT), lube up the outside of it with keg lube, and push/screw it through the hole made by the two grommets. It will be a tight fit, but it will make a dandy seal on both the inside and outsite and you will be left with 1/4" male NPT threads to attach the fittings of your choice. This is how mine looks:
Fridge%20Exterior.jpg

Questions/comments welcome. BTW, this is part of The Great Fridge Project from back in September. You can see more pics here. I'll post again to my original thread on the GFP and list the link there too.

dont you have to watch out for refrigeration lines running in the side of the refegerator? I though i had read that somewhere?

Back