2nd year hops production total

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I harvested my second year hops. I had three plants. Two were full sized, the other lagged a bit. I got 4 lbs of dried hops out of them. I was really surprised.

Due to time constraints, I did not get all of the plants picked before I had to stop for the night. I finished the next day, but by the time they go to the drying screens, they were starting to wilt a bit and turn brownish. Not a lot, but more than I expected. I'll have a better idea of how much time I need for next year.

Nice,
This gives me an idea of where I will be at next year with the 40 plants I got in the ground this spring......
:rockin:

Nice,
This gives me an idea of where I will be at next year with the 40 plants I got in the ground this spring......
:rockin:

Hmm . . . Portland to Seattle, 3.5 hours, pick hops, Seattle to Portland, 3.5 hours, brew fresh hop beer . . . I think it's doable.:mug:

Hmm . . . Portland to Seattle, 3.5 hours, pick hops, Seattle to Portland, 3.5 hours, brew fresh hop beer . . . I think it's doable.:mug:

My acre is in NorCal on my mom's 40.....
She is harvesting the first year's production as we speak.:rockin:(I don't even have to do the work!)

Nice yields, I have 11 plants, 3 of which didnt do much and I dont think I will even end up with 4 lbs

Back