to bottle or keg my stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lmg95

Reaction score
This is my first stout and it's been in primary for 3 weeks so i'm deciding on whether I should bottle it or keg it.

I'm assuming it'll probably need more conditioning than i'm used to since i've been making mostly pale ale/ipa type beers which is why i think i should probably bottle it.

Also i'm not sure how often i will drink my stout beer either (well if it's delicious then probably a lot)

So what do you guys do and/or think about it?

I would keg it, of course kegging is easier but you have all other options going for you. First, if you have a nitro tap, hook that **** up!!! Second stouts usually take less time to condition because of their bold flavor (unless they are a big beer). But honestly I would just keg it and slowly drink it, if it was me I would drink it fast... but slow works to....

Hidden Answer #3: Secondary it. Let it sit awhile, when it comes to stouts, you'll be glad you did. Then, just keg it.

How many taps do you have? I've only got 2, and I'd put the stout in bottles. I can't have something taking up a tap if I only drink a bottle a week of it.

I've only got one tap and I should've mentioned that earlier... i'm planning on doing a centennial blond very soon so i could just secondary the stout in a keg and drink up the centennial blonde in about a month.

Back