Ghetto "indo" sparge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobeer

Fermentation Specalist
Reaction score
My boil kettle was hanging 10 last night on my indo board. I had a brew day planned but mother nature had different plans. I had to move inside during the mash so i had to make due with what I had. The indo board worked as a perfect buffer between the linoleum and the hot kettle. Then i just used an auto siphon to sparge out of my non spigotted hlt; like i usually do...

Took forever to get a boil on the stove but it eventually got there and the beer turned out well.

View attachment 1432816120076.jpg

At least you could finish. Now, why don't you install a ball valve in that cooler? It would be so much easier!

At least you could finish. Now, why don't you install a ball valve in that cooler? It would be so much easier!

The cooler has a ball valve. It's my hlt that doesn't which isn't pictured. It used to be my boil kettle back in my biab days. What I need to do is add a ball valve in that. It would make things easier sparge wise. One day I'll get to it...

Back