Beginning Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Verysmall1

Reaction score
First I know less about computers than homebrewing. Now this is my first batch and it came about from a kit my wife gave me 3 to 5 years ago, may be problem. Anyway I have the two 2.5 gal. batches in plastic carboys and the bubbles have been really getting after it for two weeks, then I was to add 2 cups sugar and 1 gal of water and let it be, this is where i am now. Do I wait untill there are no bubbles cooking upward to add bottleing sugar and bottle, I can still see a torrent of bubbles rising in each batch, advice please, Thanks.

dark and light. the kit left a lot to be desired. I have purchased parts to brew Samual Smith Winter welcome ale but thought I would see what happened with this first.

Hmmm, what kind of equipment are you using? Did you have to split the batch into 2 fermenters? What kind of kit was it that it calls for adding table sugar?

It sounds like you might be using a Mr. Beer kit or something similar. If so, I would recommend reading through how to brew (as linked above) and investing in "real" equipment.

Back