Trouble Lighting Bayou Classic SP10

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cercueil

Reaction score
OK so either I'm losing my mind or I was too damn tired for brewing this Sunday. I was all excited to use my new SP10 and I couldn't get the damn thing lighted! I eventually switched back to my old burner so I know the propane tank was ok. I tried opening the propane tank, then opening the valve and lighting it from the ring. Nothing. I then looked online and at the guide which says to open the propane tank slowly as not to add too much pressure on the regulator. Then open the valve and light. I tried 3 or 4 times - reconnecting it each time. I didn't here any gas coming out of it. Do you think I got a bad regulator?

Maybe the shutter over the air intake is not where it's supposed to be. Try messing with that.

Unscew the brass orafice out of the cast iron body and see if the hole is clear. A spider web could clog it.

Case solved - bad regulator. I'm going to give a shout out to the company for excellent customer service. http://www.webstaurantstore.com/

I sent them an e-mail and told them I tried to light it about 10 times on 2 separate occasions. It's been several months since I ordered the burner and without question they overnighted a new regulator and it fired up right away. I'm just glad to see some companies provide service like that.

Back