My new toy (Warning: This is NOT beer related)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivan Lendl

Reaction score
I just got this bad boy today...

twin2.jpg

Don't tell me.....You finally got an air conditioner! It looks a little old but I'm sure it runs just fine! :D

VERY cool... Had a Bassman with four 10"s in it that I had borrowed from a friend years ago. (damn, he wanted it back. ;) just as well, I played a bit then quit) But it was a beast. Love the warm sound of those tubes. :rockin:

Ize

Nice! I need to get a nice tube amp. My strat just doesn't sound like it should through a solid state.

Brewsmith said:
Nice! I need to get a nice tube amp. My strat just doesn't sound like it should through a solid state.

Yep, I bet one of those would make your Strat quack just like the lord intended. :rockin:

That's awesome. I have a Marshall half stack, but it's a bit anemic with their cheap 100W digital/solid state amp head and 4x10s rather than 4x12s. Still, it's a Marshall, and that's better than most of my friends can say. Plus, I can wake the neighbors and their ancestors when I crank it to eleven...

It has a really sweet clean channel, so I'm wondering what a Tube Screamer would sound like. Guess I should drop a buck or two on some good effects.

That sure looks sweet! They've really changed over the years...

Here's a pic of my '76 Fender Princton Reverb and my guitars: '76 Fender Telecaster Deluxe, '90s Chinese Strat, 2 - '90s Mexi's, '81 Kamon ac/el. I also have a Line 65 Vetta Combo.

PB260629-00.jpg

PB260633-00.jpg

homebrewer_99 said:
That sure looks sweet! They've really changed over the years...

That Tele is awesome...Actually my amp is just a 1965 reissue. Its pretty much the same as the old silverface twins (that look exactly like your princeton) the main difference is that its 'blonde' with blackface instead of silver.

That's a sweet twin Torben! What year is it?
And as long as everyone is bragging about guitars and amps... I've got a '72 Super Reverb 4x10 which I run together with my Mesa Mark IV all stereo-like with a VOX Tonelab SE. Guitars are all PRS.

Hey HB_99, how do you like that Line-6?

I like it a lot, but since I travel a lot I don't get to use it that often. I haven't even upgraded it to a Vetta II yet...if I were in a band there would a totally different situation...:D ...not enough time for that either any more.

I use a couple of channels and have downloaded most if not all the user tweaks, but have not purchased the midi setup to upload them to the amp...kind of WAY behind the times...

My opinion is it is one fantastic computer with speakers...:D ...the pedal alone ran me $400.00.

That's a great amp. I really wanted one, but its way too much for living room playing (which is about all I do anymore). I settled for the Fender Blues Junior. Great little tube amp for my small venue life. But looking at that Twin makes me think again. Maybe my neighbors could use a little warm tube goodness ... :rockin:

Back